Attention to energy efficiency
VELFAC windows use low-e double or triple-glazed units with argon filled cavities and soft low-e coatings as standard, and U-values as low as 0.8W/m²k are achievable. We also provide excellent documentary evidence in the form of a data sheet, which details all individual U-values for each window unit, and an area weighted U-value for the project. The slim profile allows up to 15% more light to enter, providing better daylighting contributions.
Responsibly sourced materials
- All VELFAC windows are made of FSC® certified pine.
- All wood treatments are water based.
- 2/3 of the aluminium used in VELFAC profiles is manufactured using renewable energy sources, and approx. 40% comes from recycled sources.
- The VELFAC 200 manufacturing facilities are fully ISO9001 accredited.
- VELFAC has an accredited Environmental Management and Audit System and are ISO14001 accredited.