Doors and windows - Secured by design
Established in 1989, SBD comprises a range of projects launched by national UK Police which aim to ‘design out crime’ through the creation of quality security products and crime prevention initiatives for new and refurbished homes and other developments. For more information visit www.securedbydesign.com
The following window types have passed the PAS 24 annex 3 tests (BS7950) and are third party certified for Secured by Design:
- VELFAC 201: Sidehung opening window - double and triple glazing
- VELFAC 210: Fixed casement - double and triple glazing
- VELFAC 212: Topguided window - double and triple glazing
- VELFAC 231ES Energy (VELFAC casement door, when used in accessible locations) - triple glazing
- VELFAC Ribo wood/aluminium Security Door
The Secured by Design test (BS7950 or PAS 24 annex 3) comprises of the methods listed below:
- To replicate forced entry using a tool such as a screwdriver, a lever is used to try and prise open the window both at the locks and fittings A ‘burglar’s tool kit’ is used by a professional expert to try and force entry in under three minutes.
- An attempt is made to remove the glass pane externally - as VELFAC 200 windows are internally glazed, with an internal glazing bead, external removal is impossible
- A mechanical loading test is made using parallel and perpendicular loads to gain entry
Please let us know if you require SBD certified windows and doors.