What is Building Information Modelling (BIM)?
Through BIM, the UK construction industry is undergoing its very own digital revolution. The Building Information Model contains the digital description of every aspect of the built asset. This model draws on information assembled collaboratively and updated at key stages of a project. Creating a digital Building Information Model enables those who interact with the building to optimize their actions, resulting in a greater whole life value for the asset.
A BIM object is a combination of many things:
- Information content that defines a product
- Product properties, such as thermal performance
- Geometry representing the product’s physical characteristics
- Visualisation data giving the object a recognisable appearance
- Functional data, such as detection zones, that enables the object to be positioned and behave in the same manner as the product itself.
Free to download, VELFAC high quality 3D BIM objects are Revit compatible and available in NBS standard format and data light for easier use and manipulation.
We also provide the guidance you need to use VELFAC BIM objects in your project plans, including:
- advice on specific BIM object selection
- VELFAC BIM manual and user guide
- VELFAC BIM video