Vertical and horizontal glazing bars can be used to:
- continue a uniform pattern where mullions or transoms have been used
- create a Georgian style window by using a cross within each unit of glazing.
They can also be used to combine two different types of glazing in the same sash e.g. for ‘apron’ areas of glazing.
When coupling elements with two types of glazing bar, there will be a visual difference internally.
Glazing bars for VELFAC 200 ENERGY
An overview of the glazing bar types for the VELFAC 200 ENERGY system:
- the 54mm glazing bar has the same dimensions as the sash profile and enhances the uniform sightline effect.
- the 36mm glazing bar gives a slightly ligher expression.
- the 116mm glazing bar has the same expression, as when two sashes are coupled.
Colours and surface finish
- The external aluminium profile is supplied in the same colour and surface finish as the sash.
- The internal aluminium cover cap is supplied in the textured VELFAC Granite colour, that will match the glazing bead best:
- VELFAC Granite 01, white in combination with the white glazing bead
- VELFAC Granite 10, light grey in combination with the grey glazing bead
- VELFAC Granite 80, black in combination with the black glazing bead