The right windows maintain the energy efficiency of your proporty
Low U-values as standard
The U-value is a measure of heat loss through the window, and the lower the U-value the better the insulation. VELFAC glazing offers a U-value as low as 0.8W/m2k, one of the best in the industry today.
A choice of window options
To maintain the energy efficiency of your property, VELFAC offers a range of standard features and optional extras including:
- double-glazing as standard
- optional triple-glazing to ensure exceptional weather or acoustic insulation
- glazing units filled with argon gas, further improving insulation
- optional glass coatings to reflect heat back into the interior, or to control solar gain.
Specifying energy efficient windows
When specifying energy efficient windows, a range of issues can affect performance including:
- window position in relation to the sun
- the need for shading or screening
- glass to frame ratio – as more frame equals higher U-values, mullions and transoms need to be carefully considered
- using the right installation methods and thermal bridges for the fabric and exterior finish of your property.
The VELFAC team is on hand to help with any technical query you may have during the specification phase – contact us on 01223 897100 to discuss your glazing needs, and to find out how VELFAC can improve the energy efficiency of your property.