Attention to energy efficiency
- VELFAC windows use low-e double-glazed units with argon filled cavities and soft low-e coatings as standard, and U-values as low as 0.90 W/m²k are achievable. We also provide excellent documentary evidence in the form of a data sheet, which details all individual U-values for each window unit, and an area weighted U-value for the project
- The 54mm profile of VELFAC windows means that we use less wood and aluminium in the frame components than some of our competitors, and the slim sightlines allow up to 15% more light to enter, providing better daylighting contributions.
Responsibly sourced materials
- All wood is sourced from sustainable sources.
- All wood treatments are water based.
- Approximately 50% of aluminium used in production of VELFAC profiles is from recycled sources, and 95% is produced using hydro-electricity. VELFAC suppliers have an accredited Environmental Management and Audit System and are ISO14001 accredited.
- VELFAC glass suppliers run detailed environmental management systems.