ECO-FRIENDLY WINDOWS AND DOORS
- VELFAC windows use low-e glazed units with argon filled cavities and low-e coatings as standard, and U-values as low as 0.80 W/m²K are achievable. We also provide documentary evidence in the form of a data sheet, detailing individual U-values for each window unit, and an area weighted U-value for every project.
- The VELFAC 54mm frame profile means that we use less wood and aluminium in the frame components than some of our competitors, and the slim sightlines allow up to 15% more light to enter the interior, providing a better daylight contribution.
Responsibly sourced materials
- All wood comes from sustainable sources and is FSC® certified
- All wood treatments are water based
- A VELFAC window unit is 93% re-usable
- Approximately 50% of the aluminium used to produce VELFAC profiles comes from recycled sources, and 95% is produced using hydro-electricity. VELFAC suppliers have accredited Environmental Management and Audit Systems and are ISO14001 accredited.
- VELFAC glass suppliers run detailed environmental management systems.