Care for your windows
The following washing and oiling guidelines must be followed to ensure your warranty is maintained:
- Oiling of the hinges, handle and locking mechanism with a few drops of teflon-based lubricating oil at least once a year.
- The external aluminium sash will need cleaning at least once every year with a soft cloth or soft bristle brush and luke warm water, with a few drops of mild detergent. Materials such as paint, wet concrete etc. must be washed off immediately. A scratch will not affect the durability of the sash as the aluminium will form a natural layer of oxide, however, scratches should be repaired immediately.
- The internal wood frame has been coated with a 100% water-based acrylic lacquer or acrylic paint. The frame should be dusted and wiped clean regularly. Minor scratches can be repaired with water-based acrylic paint or acrylic lacquer. Check the external side of the wood frame every 2nd year for visible deterioration of the surface treatment - especially in south-facing facades with exposure to the sun, in a marine environment, or where the windows are positioned in a building with high humidity internally. In these cases, the maintenance intervals should be adjusted accordingly.
- The glazing bead, weather seals and gaskets should be cleaned using a damp cloth.
- Traces left on the glass after removing stickers can be removed with meths or other alcohol based substances - care must be taken to avoid contact with other parts.
Further operations and maintenance information can be found in the VELFAC user guide.