VELFAC Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with all terms set out in any electronic or paper forms on which we collect data sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is VELFAC Limited of The Old Livery, Hildersham, Cambridge CB21 6DR.
Information we may collect from you
Information provided by you. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, VELFAC.co.uk. This includes information provided in order to obtain a quote for our products or services and to obtain further information about our products or services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
Information collected through your interaction with us. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to contact us.
How the information collected is used
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- For purposes relating to your order; for example, to notify you about the status of your order or delivery or to assess your creditworthiness (for which we may use third parties);
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or information, products or services about similar products or services;
- With your explicit consent, we may contact you by regular mail, telephone, email, SMS or other electronic means, using contact details provided by you, for general marketing and advertising purposes or to carry out surveys subsequently used for research purposes;
- If you have provided us with your personal data in relation to a promotion or event, we may send you emails or other messages which relate to the service you have requested; and
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
You can immediately unsubscribe from any of these notifications at any time and at no cost by clicking on a link in the corresponding e-mail or other message (see further below under ‘Your Rights’.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group on a confidential basis for our internal administrative and other business purposes. A list of these companies can be found here.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If VELFAC Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of VELFAC Limited, our customers, or others.
- We may use third party service providers to help us with our business activities by providing services such as hosting and maintenance services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions and credit checks. These third parties are granted access to such personal data as is required in order to be able to carry out the particular service. They are contractually obliged to treat such information in the strictest confidence and are only authorised to use the data in order to provide the relevant service to us.
Right to object and unsubscribe
If you wish to object to receiving any newsletters, marketing or promotional information, whether by regular mail, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means, or if you want to withdraw your consent, you may also do so at any time by writing to post@VELFAC.co.uk sending an e-mail. You can also in the case of communications sent to you by email simply click on the unsubscribe hyperlink and we will stop sending you emails forthwith.
Right to request information
You have the right to be informed at any time about the personal data stored about you, its origin and recipients as well as the purpose for which it is being stored. Please write to us on post@VELFAC.co.uk.